Monday, November 25, 2013

30 Questions For God

1. Why did you take my babies?
2. Why did you choose to bless me with the wonderful man I married?
3. Why are my parents divorced?
4. Why is it so hard to focus on you sometimes?
5. What happened to the dinosaurs?
6. What does it feel like to create?
7. Why are we so important to you?
8. What is the center of the earth like?
9. Why did you make us?
10. How do you see time?
11. What will the new heaven and the new earth be like?
12. Why is it so hard to do the right thing?
13. How do I know I'm doing the right thing?
14. Do you love me?
15. Will it all be better some day?
16. Explain the prophets to me?
17. Why did you choose those men for your visions?
18. Why do you use such awful people to fulfill your plans?
19. What was Abraham really like?
20. Why did you create woman?
21. Do you pay attention to all the minute details of our lives?
22. What was it like to walk with Jesus?
23. What was he like as a child?
24. Will my children love you as much as I do?
25. What made you choose Peter?
26. Why did you give us the creation story?
27. Who is Melchizadek?
28. Why was he important?
29. Will I get to meet all my children someday?
30. Explain the Holy Spirit?

These are listed in the order that I thought them, unedited. It is a spastic list and sometimes I would come to a question that was bigger than the words that I have to express it and I had to wrap it up in what may seem like an odd package. I think more than any of the lists that I have made this one is truly for me. It was strangely freeing to get them out there, and it was comforting to ask some of the ones that I feel like I have answers to but need to hear again. I believe that when the time comes to ask my questions of God, I will find that all the questions that I could think of in this earthly body won't matter any more, but, more importantly, I have found that some of them were answered just in the asking.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a kid, my teacher said that she called those questions "daddy questions" because when she got to heaven, she was going to climb into God's lap and say "Daddy, I have some questions for you." And so I've always called them that in my head.

    ReplyDelete