Saturday, November 2, 2013

30 Foods I Love to Eat!

I am so excited to be writing this post! I love food! I love cooking it, trying it, buying it, I love trying new delicious ways of making it. This list won't be hard to fill up, the difficulty will be in narrowing it down.

1. My all time favorite has got to be steak! Don't over cook it, it needs to be rare but warm all the way through. Daniel thinks if the steak bleeds it isn't done. I think that it is good as long as it isn't mooing too loudly.
2. Green bean casserole. And the best kind in made with heavy whipping cream instead of milk.
3. Heavy whipping cream! Whipped or not I would eat the stuff straight if it didn't freak my husband out. But I like it on stuff too, like coffee, milkshakes, or cake, so that I can eat it off before I consume the rest of the confection thus secretly still eating it straight but people don't stare as much.
4. Potato soup, oh the starchy goodness!
5. Vesuvio Salad- when I google this the one that I am talking about doesn't show up. I am talking about a salad made with leeks, palm hearts, tomatoes, provolone cheese, basil and red wine vinegar. I can eat it by the pound!
6. Fajitas, preferably chicken.
7. Spaghetti with a good meat sauce.
8. Chicken Cesar Salad, as long as the dressing isn't fishy.
9. Zucchini Bread- I have a recipe that I love but my sister in law has one that uses chocolate chips that is also amazing!
10. Eagle Brand Lemon Pie- also called lemon ice box pie, I think. Mine has a meringue and the ice box one doesn't always. So tart and sweet at the same time.
11. Tortellini Alfredo- I make a beautiful alfredo sauce but I have never tried to make my own pasta. Maybe I should try it sometime.
12. Olive Garden's Five Cheese Ziti- I found a copy cat recipe that is almost as good but I don't use fontina cheese for anything else so it is hard to justify making it.
13. And while I'm on the subject their Zuppa Toscana soup is the only thing I want when I have a cold. It is my go to comfort food on icky days.
14. Avocados- in guacamole, in salads, on sandwiches.
15. Peaches in cream- especially if you get Parker County peaches and freeze them with a little sugar and then serve them in their own juicy creamy sugary sauce.
16. Blue Bell Ice Cream, in particular Cookies and Cream or Rocky Mountain Road, in fact I love the good old fashioned Chocolate too.
17. Quiche- I like almost all of them but the ones from La Madeline's are some of my favorite.
18. Braum's 1/6lb bacon cheese burgers.
19. The mini bunt cakes from Corner Bakery
20. The Chicken Pesto sandwich from a fore mentioned Corner Bakery
21. Belgian Waffles- I have a recipe that I love but it takes at least and hour and a half to make. Some things are worth the wait.
22. Toasted sourdough bread with butter and occasionally honey.
23. Dark Chocolate!
24. Cranberry- Orange scones from Starbucks
25. Veronica's Fudge
26. Emerald's Apple Cider
27. My mommy's home made bread
28. Caprice Salad- or just tomatoes, Ill eat them like apples if they are home grown
29. Creme Brulee- I think that this is strongly related to my propensity for wanting to drink cream.
30. Carrot bread- it gets this crusty sugary top that is so wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Have you ever had homemade apple butter? It's amazing on fresh bread with some butter. Or on toast. Or on ice cream, according to Austin. Or off your finger. It's just great.

    ReplyDelete