Thursday, July 26, 2012

Get Your Goat

     The phrase "don't let them get your goat" has been running through my head today for some reason. It has really been a good day so I don't know what this thought has occurred to me today but here it is:

     A three year old is all about "getting your goat". It is their main joy in life to seek it out but the problem is that a toddler doesn't just "get" it, first he hits it with a spit wad, then once it takes off he lassos it, yanks it off its feet, hog ties it and then jumps up and down on its stomach gleefully yelling and waving his Woody hat. And once this has been accomplished, said toddler, has the nerve to look shocked and surprised at your reaction.

     With a four month old my goat is is a big open field with a sign that says "Sleeping Baby, Do Not Wake" and that is just too tempting, especially if I have had a sleepless night with her and need a nap to.

     But all is fair in love and war, of which this is both, and I am the only one who knows how to work the DVD player, or how to open the child safety locks on the cabinets with the snacks, so in the end I will triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment