Saturday, February 20, 2010

How to get things done... a quandary

When I am cleaning houses I can clean a three bedroom 1600 sq.ft. home in just over three hours. It takes me 30 min. to clean two bedrooms and a bathroom, dusting, vacuuming, scrubbing the tub, toilet, sink, and mopping. I like to think that, when it comes to cleaning, I am pretty quick. But last Monday when I was trying to clean my house it did not go so smoothly. It took me four hours to clean my bathroom and bedroom alone. FOUR HOURS! I should be ashamed to publicly broad cast such atrocity's. But Nathan wanted to pick up the Scrubbing Bubbles, then he wanted to pick up the Windex, then he somehow grabbed the razor that I had moved from the side of the tub, that almost gave me a heart attack, is there no place safe? One thing after another. I would wipe down the sink, take something from Nathan and try to put it somewhere safer, wipe down the tub, take some thing from Nathan and try to put it somewhere safer, rinse, lather, snatch, repeat. Again and again. I will say that he was far more helpful in cleaning the room because as I took things away from him I would put them up so though it wasn't as organized a process as I would have liked I was making progress. So four hours later the bedroom and bathroom are clean and I am exhausted. Was it worth it? It sure felt like it when I sank into my beautiful bed that night. Maybe next time I clean I should hire a sitter, it would be cheaper than hiring me.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, you are funny. Oh Nathan, why was he asleep when I came over today, I needed my play time!

    ReplyDelete