Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hitting my Stride?

So after months of struggling Daniel and I decided to up our grocery budget and now I am in hog heaven. It is like just as we gave up on making it on less something clicked, meaning that instead of being $20 short every month, and scraping by to only make it that much, I have $30-50 seemingly extra dollars at the end of the month. I have three theories on how this is happening...

1. I am less reserved about take risks, buying in bulk and such, since I don't feel like we will be scraping at the end of the month.

2. The holiday and summer sales have made getting more for less increasingly possible and/or since gas prices have gone down slightly so have food prices.

3. I have hit my stride and have discovered more of the ins and outs of the cycle of sales and where the bargains are to be found.

I am wary of becoming over confident and blowing the budget frivolously because I think I am ahead of the game but on the other hand how great would it be to have some grounded confidence in myself in this area once again. It seems like a lot of agonizing over something that is relatively minor but I look at my ability to save us money as my job. The whole "penny saved is a penny earned" idea. If July continues to go as well as it has, and August is also a success, I think I will feel like I am in a position to relax some. It would be really nice to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment