Monday, May 2, 2011

Pacifier Retrival Mission a Failure

So we tried to take away the pacifier today for nap time only. He cried and cried and eventually I went in the and laid down on the floor next to him. That was the first bad idea. The second bad idea was that I fell asleep. I woke up about half and hour later to Nathan still not asleep but just playing on his bed. I decided in my groggy state that I should go to my own bed if I wanted to sleep so I got up to leave. This created a new wave of crying which I dutifully ignored until he started banging on the wall. And then, half asleep, in my delirious half cognizant frenzy for silence, I GAVE BACK THE PACIFIER. I have just created a world of trouble for myself.

1 comment:

  1. HA! Oh no! It's one of those many proud parenting moments you will have where you ultimately realize you arent REALLY in charge...you just thought you were and tried to convince him of that. (shhhh....don't tell my girls I said that) It's hard not to cave when life gets tough...cut yourself some slack momma!

    ReplyDelete